10,000 is a big number that pops up a lot!
- Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes.
- In 1993, 10,000 Maniacs hit #3 on the Billboard charts with their album, “MTV Unplugged.”
- Although they stopped printing $10,000 bills in 1969, there are currently 336 still in circulation.
- In Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese the phrase “live for ten thousand years” was used to bless emperors. (While I am not an expert on Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese history, I think it would be accurate to say…none of them did.)
- And finally, after opening the Breathe – Freedom from Nicotine office in 2007, we have recently had the honor of helping our 10,000th client live a life free of nicotine addiction.
It’s a milestone that makes us all very proud. But with that said, about 18% of Minnesotans still smoke or chew. Additionally, there is a growing number of people using e-cigs/vaping; so, we still have a lot of work to do!
As we move to the next milestone, we thank all of those who have given us the privilege of being a partner in their decision to improve their life. We are also excited, as we look forward to those who will call on us in the future.
Thank you, Minnesota & Wisconsin!
by Phil Berbig